Contact number for emergencies
This site does not give any medical consultation. If you need a medical EMERGENCY, refer to your doctor or call your Local Emergency Number.
Information on this site
The information provided to you by this website is for information and educational purposes only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. Consult a licensed physician for diagnosis and therapy of any disease.
The information, opinions and recommendations presented in these pages are not intended to replace the care of your own physician. Although we carefully review the content on this website, we cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the medical accuracy of documents published, nor can we assume any liability for the content of websites linked to our site.
The www.videum.com website and associated services ("Videum", the "Site"), operated by Videum Health, Inc. are available for use in two ways:
- Individuals, institutions, corporations may upload video content to the site to be made available for non-paid volunteer, community-wiki-style captioning and translation. You, as a content owner, may decide whether or not to allow totally open viewing, captioning and subtitling of your content, or may choose to limit the viewing, captioning and subtitling of your content to some subset of site users, determined by you. Translators who choose to participate in the community translation process understand that you will receive attribution, if you wish, but will otherwise not be monetarily compensated for your work.
- Individuals, institutions, corporations may upload video content to the site to be made available for paid professional (work for hire), captioning and translation. You, as content owners, decide whether or not to allow totally open viewing, captioning and subtitling of your content or you choose to limit the viewing, captioning and subtitling of your content to some subset of site users, determined by you.
And, under the following conditions
- When you submit or post material, you must be the owner of the content or have express permission from the content owner to share their work. When content is uploaded to Videum you must choose a Creative Commons license or "all rights reserved". By choosing "all rights reserved", you indicate that the content will be posted under terms other than Creative Commons licenses. If the content is licensed under terms that do not permit derivative works to be made from that content, by which we mean to indicate permission to overlay subtitled files on top of the original digital files and/or to distribute that content via an mpeg4, do not upload the file to Videum. If the content has previously been licensed with a Creative Commons license, Videum will acknowledge the terms under which the content was originally licensed. Content uploaded using a Creative Commons or other license is subject to the specific terms that the license grants.
- You, as a content owner, grant to Videum Health Inc. the royalty-free, perpetual, revocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, translate, distribute, and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide, to create derivative works and/or to incorporate it in other media or technology.
- The rights to the translations done by volunteers are always owned by the translators who do the volunteer translations on videos that reside solely on Videum.
The following terms reflect the different use scenarios. We have tried to word this in the clearest non-legal language. We reserve the right to modify these terms, as necessary, but will inform the Videum community immediately if we choose to do so.
You may not use Videum or the materials on it in any manner that violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other rights belonging to the content’s owner. We reserve the right, at any time to suspend, cancel, or terminate an abusers right to use the Site (or any portion of the Site) for violation.
For Content Owners
- The copyrights to any video uploaded to this site remain with the content owner and are licensed for use to Videum under a Creative Commons or "all rights reserved" license. Videum has adopted the following default Creative Commons license: attribution - non commercial-no derivative (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/) This license permits others to download your work and share it with others as long as 'they mention you and link back to you'. It does not permit others to change your work or to use your work commercially, without your express permission.
- In agreeing to the Creative Commons default license it is understood that you, as the content owner, are giving Videum permission to create a separate digital translation file that, when viewed, overlays the original work.
- Additional information about permission to reproduce or distribute materials from the Site can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
- By posting or submitting any video material to the Site, you represent and warrant:
- that you are the owner of the material, or that the owner of the material has consented to your use; and
- that you are sixteen years old or older. You will be solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or other harm resulting from uploading, posting or submission of material.
- Notice of Copyright Infringement. If you are a copyright owner who believes your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted or distributed via the Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please report the violation to our designated copyright agent by sending written notice by U.S. Mail to Videum Health Inc. 360 East 72nd Street #C3104 New York, NY, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the contact information provided in this paragraph should only be used for reporting suspected copyright infringement. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere in these Terms of Service or on the Site.
Please include the following information in your written notice:
- a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the location of the allegedly infringing material on the Site;
- your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, email address;
- your statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- your statement, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
For Volunteer Translators
Volunteer translators participating in community-wiki-style translations agree that your participation will be non-paid. If you indicate that you wish to receive attribution for your work, you should do so when registering at Videum. Content owners have the authority as to the final use of the translated work.
All of the above mentioned terms still apply with the following addition: Professional translators will be compensated for your work at a predetermined rate, as a work for hire, and will not retain any rights or privileges to your translations in any way or in any form, now or in the future.